Course 3: Manual Handling with Safety Awareness
It is the employer’s duty to provide basic manual handling training sufficient for their employees under the regulations. However incidents are dramatically reduced when Manual Handling is put in context wit Safety awareness.
Safety in the Workplace
Anatomy and Injuries
- Structure & function of the spine
- Causes and type of back pain
- How to avoid backache
Principles of Lifting
- Methods of lifting, putting down, loading & unloading, pushing/pulling and reaching.
- Dealing with different load types & alternative methods of moving loads.
Safe Packaging of Loads
Basic Manual Handling Rules & Exercise before Commencing Work
Employers and Employees Obligations
(Multiple choice & practical exam at end)
Pre Training Requirements
- Completed Registration Form
- Manual Handling training completed
- Fire Awareness - 16
- Fire Extinguisher - 12
- Fire Warden - 8
In House - valid for 2 years.